Irbid District Electricity Company (IDECO)
IDECO New C

As the sole electricity generation, transmission and distribution company operating in the north of the Kingdom, IDECO has been and continues to be a key contributor to the national power grid since 1967, covering approximately 25.6% of the Kingdom’s geographical area.


Originally established in 1957 by the Government of Jordan and the National Electric Power Company (NEPCO) as the Private Irbid District Electricity Company, IDECO officially obtained under concession law the right to exclusively generate, transmit and distribute electric power in the northern part of the Kingdom in 1961, covering a concession area of over 23,000 km² that includes the governorates of Mafraq, Irbid, Jerash, Ajloun, and parts of Balqa.


In 2007, IDECO underwent a privatization process whereby Kingdom Electricity for Energy Investments Company (KEC) acquired the Government’s 55.4% stake in the company, and in mid 2009 KEC transferred the ownership of its shares in IDECO to Electricity Distribution Company (EDCO). Since the acquisition of its shares by KEC, IDECO has been enhancing its service capacity, quality and offerings, supplying Jordan’s energy market with essential electricity utility services that answer the growing electricity demands of various economic sectors to support the national economy.

 

For more information please visit www.ideco.com.jo